News & Events
Half-Marathon & 5k
The 2020 Empowered Women's Half-Marathon and 5k is Now a Virtual Event
THE 2020 EMPOWERED WOMEN'S HALF-MARATHON AND 5K ARE NOW VIRTUAL RACES.
PLEASE JOIN US, AND COMPLETE YOUR RACE BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 26 - OCTOBER 31, 2020
Click here to register for the VIRTUAL Empowered Women's Half-Marathon or 5k.
HOW DOES A VIRTUAL RACE WORK?
- Register for either the 5k or the half-marathon race. Or heck, register for one of each!
- Train for your race.
- Choose your 5k or half-marathon route. If you're local, use an Empowered Women's race route. Or mix it up!
- Turningpoint will mail your finisher medal and a reusable face mask.
- Walk, walk/run, or run your 5k or half-marathon between September 26- October 31, 2020. (Please adhere to any social distancing recommendations that are in place at that time.)
- Put on your medal and celebrate your achievements! Take a selfie and post to @empoweredwomenrace so we can ALL celebrate your achievements, you amazing woman!
All proceeds benefit Turningpoint for Victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence, at 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization based in River Falls. For 40 years, Turningpoint has provided support and resources to achieve freedom from domestic and sexual violence. The organization serves individuals and families throughout Pierce and St. Croix Counties of Wisconsin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, please click "Is there a route map" for a downloadable route map. Now that the event is virtual, you can choose your own route, too!
Can I walk the half-marathon/5k?
Are men/boys allowed to run in this race?
Yes, we welcome participation from men and boys in this virtual event!
Can I run with my dog?
This is a virtual event, so running with your dog is encouraged! Please post pictures!
Can I run with a stroller?
This is a virtual event, so YES! Please run with your stroller, and please post pictures!
Are there medals?
Yes! Every finisher is amazing! Every finisher will receive a finisher medallion. We will distribute medals in September, so you can create your own finish line and have a member of your household award your finisher medal. Streamers make great finish lines, by the way. Please post pictures!
What are the prizes for the top finishers?
Due to the virtual nature of the event, we are no longer able to chip time and track finishers. We will have to skip prizes for our top finishers. But you can still share your time, and we will celebrate your success!
Thank you for your participation!
If you would like to become a 2020 Empowered Women's Half-Marathon and 5k event sponsor, please contact Amy Berg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-425-6751, ext. 102.