News & Events
Half-Marathon & 5k
Honor and support women victims and survivors of violence by joining us for Turningpoint's third Empowered Women's Half-Marathon and 5k on Saturday, September 26, 2020.
AT THIS TIME, WE ARE PLANNING TO PROCEED WITH OUR SEPTEMBER 26 EVENTS--LIVE AND IN PERSON--AS SCHEDULED.
WE HAVE ALSO ADDED A VIRTUAL RACE OPTION .
Would you like to train now to participate in a race? Are you hesitating to register, because everything is so uncertain right now? We get it. We've added virtual race options just for you.
Click here to register for the Empowered Women's Half-Marathon or 5k.
Packet pickup and last-minute registration is available at Weitkamp Park on Friday, September 25 from 12:00 PM - 7:30 PM. Please note: due to City of Hudson policy, we are unable to accept cash or checks at Weitkamp Park.
Participants will convene at Weitkamp Park in Hudson bright and early on Saturday morning.
Runners will enjoy fall colors and rural views throughout the scenic 13.1 mile route from Hudson through rural Troy Township. The course is primarily flat with a few gentle rolling hills through the countryside.
Family and friends are welcome to attend the awards ceremony and join us at the finish line.
- Register for either the 5k or the half-marathon race. Or heck, register for one of each!
- Train for your race.
- Choose your 5k or half-marathon route. If you're local, use an Empowered Women's race route. Or mix it up!
- Pick up your race shirt and finisher's medal at our River Falls Second Chances Thrift Store or at the New Richmond satellite office during business hours. If you're not local, we can make arrangements to get you the goods.
- Walk, walk/run, or run your 5k or half-marathon between September 1- 30. (Please adhere to any social distancing recommendations that are in place at that time.)
- Put on your t-shirt and medal and celebrate your achievements! Take a selfie and post to @empoweredwomenrace so we can ALL celebrate your achievements, you amazing woman!
All proceeds benefit Turningpoint for Victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence, at 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization based in River Falls. For 40 years, Turningpoint has provided support and resources to achieve freedom from domestic and sexual violence. The organization serves individuals and families throughout Pierce and St. Croix Counties of Wisconsin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, please click "Is there a route map" for a downloadable route map.
Can I walk the half-marathon/5k?
ABSOLUTELY! Please be mindful that we need to close the course by noon, so you will need to maintain approximately a 20-minute mile to complete the half-marathon in that time.
Are men/boys allowed to run in this race?
Yes, we welcome participation from men and boys! However we will only be providing awards to the top female finishers, and the race shirts are cut for women.
Can I run with my dog?
We love pets, too; but for the safety of all participants, dogs are not allowed on the course.
Can I run with a stroller?
Due to some of the narrow paths along the course, we cannot allow strollers.
Are there medals?
Yes! Every finisher is amazing! Every finisher will receive a finisher medallion.
What are the prizes for the top finishers?
The top female finisher in each age category will receive a $20 gift card to Second Chances Thrift Store.
What are the award categories?
There will be first-place awards for the fastest female competitors in each of the following categories:
19 and under
60 and over
14 and under
70 and over
Thank you for your participation!
If you would like to become a 2020 Empowered Women's Half-Marathon and 5k event sponsor, please contact Amy Berg at email@example.com or 715-425-6751, ext. 102.